Intro

Once upon a time, a girl woke up and thought she'd like to share her thoughts. At first, she felt lost, since she didn't know if all her thoughts can be shared. On her way to find her place in the internet world, she realised, she can publish whatever she loves, so here we go...

Thursday 15 March 2012

Yayoi Kusama

YAYOI KUSAMA EXHIBITION - TATE MODERN

Yayoi Kusama is probably the best-known artist from Japan. I was doing a research about her large-scale installations during my studies in Uni, so when I found out there is exhibition of all her preliminary work, I had to set on train and go to check it out. 


The exhibition showcases her paintings, sculptures, drawings, collages and as well the immersive large-scale installations, which I was the most excited about and I can honestly say I wasn't disappointed at all (:




It's unfortunate I couldn't take any photos of her work inside the exhibition, so here are only teasing photos of the cafe in front of the entrance. 


I personally recommend Room12 - I'm Here, but Nothing. The room is all covered in psychedelic polka dots, which signify Kusama's hallucinatory visions.



And in the last room, my favourite installation: Infinitive Mirror Room. Please go and check it out, it's definitely worth it ;)



All photographs are my own and are subjected to copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...